The educational means
The ENSCI has the role of training engineers specialised in ceramics, glass and hydraulic binders, able to direct teams, undertake research programmes, manage production units, carry out negotiations in a large number of sectors and technologies: ceramics, glass, construction and civil engineering, electronics, traditional or renewable energies, nuclear power, aerospace, TIC, transport, etc
The engineering diploma : 3 years to discover, evolve and construct
The 3 years of engineering studies are divided into :
- 50% of academic teaching ((classes, TD (directed work), TP (practical work)) with 29 hours maximum per week to leave a large proportion to personal work - 17% of project work (individual and in a team) - 33% of courses in a company (a total of 9 to 11 months)
The 1st year is devoted to the general training of the engineer, with training in the science of materials, and science applied to processes.
The 1st year - Detailed program, click here
The second year is dedicated to the teaching of materials, processes and engineering as well as the discovery of the world of the company and of the occupations of the engineer.
The 2nd year - Detailed program, click here
The 3rd year deepens the knowledge previously acquired and, using the end-of-study project and the engineers’ course, allows these various aspects of knowledge to be put into practice.
The 3rd year - Detailed program, click here
Training adapted to corporate realities :
- A general scientific training
- Teaching adapted to ceramic and mineral industries
(a 3 year course organised into 6 semesters (six-month periods), 30 ECTS per semester)
- The possibility of choosing between 2 options during the last semester :
Materials and processes
Engineering and processes
- Work on an end-of-study project (alone or in a team for 3 months) possibly in connection with a company
- 3 training courses in a company during the training: 9 months minimum in all
- Teaching turned towards the international to prepare for work abroad :
Obligatory learning of 2 foreign languages
Possibility of carrying out part of the course abroad
(training courses, academic exchanges, research project)